ABOUT STUDENT DIALOGUE
The Theme for HC-APYLS 2019 is Bridges: Connecting Possibilities, Redefining Our Future
Under which there are 8 different strand topics as follows:
- The faces of Inequality
- Achieving Racial and Religious Harmony
- Coming Together for Climate Action
- The 22nd Century Classroom: Rebuilding Our Education System
- New World Order: The Changing Nature of International Relations
- An Automated Future: The Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Globalization and Protectionism: The Future of the Global Economy
- Mental Health: Building a Supportive Community
Groupings for Dialogue Sessions
- Delegates will be grouped according to the strands they were allocated to prior to the summit
- These groupings will be known as Strand Teams
- Each strand team will have 2 facilitators assigned to help guide delegates during discussions
Instructions of Strands Discussion and Presentation
Strand teams will be given time to discuss their strand with delegates from different countries and work together to produce a presentation on their given strand topic.
Presentations are strongly advised to include the following:
- Brief overview of the issue on a global scale
- Various case-studies and analyses of the issue from multiple perspectives and contexts
- Possible impacts and repercussions the issue has on a local and global platform
- Evaluation of current measures undertaken to address the situation
- Possible innovative solutions that can remedy the problem at hand
Student Dialogue Session
Overview of Dialogue Session
Breakout into discussion teams based on strands for group sharing and dialogue.
Crafting of a presentation that encompasses the differing views on the strands;
Should include a visual presentation.
Presentation to all of the other delegates.
Breakout sessions for post-presentation discussion.
- Delegates will be given opportunity to share their research on their strand and share their country’s perspective
- Delegates to brainstorm and outline their presentations
- Delegates will be provided laptops to create a presentation to present to all other delegates
- Presentations will be conducted in a formal setting
- Each presentation will last 15 minutes (8 minutes presentation, 7 minutes QnA)
- Delegates are reminded to maintain decorum at all times
- Delegates are encouraged to voice out their opinions but refrain from making derogatory, insensitive or offensive remarks
- After 4 presentations, Strand Teams will be split into new Break-Out groupings
- Delegates will get the opportunity to interact with other delegates from different Strand Teams
- Delegates are reminded to respect everyone’s opinion and are highly encouraged to participate actively
Click below to download additional documents containing information about the Student Dialogue