June 17, 2007 —
Cultural Exhibition and Cultural Performance details have been released! The event will be held
on 27th July at the Traders Hotel, Singapore. Please refer to this page
Participants from each country are expected to collaborate and
bring along items to put up a booth showcasing
different aspects of their country.
Each country is allocated
a table to showcase their items. Some interesting displays
and activities to highlight and characterise your country's
culture may include:
- National flag, local dress and costumes
- Local songs or lullabies sung by children
- Traditional games
- School/education system
- Slangs and idioms prevalent among the population
- Food and snacks unique to your country
- Posters & pictures of places of historical or tourism
- Souvenirs from your country
- Different customs and festivals celebrated in your country
Participants of each country may liaise with their respective
embassies here in Singapore for provision of more intricate
exhibits. Preparation time will be given before the commencement
of the exhibition. Should there be need for any
clarifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or post a message in our forum.
Cultural Night Performances:
All participants are required to prepare an item as a country to be performed during the Cultural Night of the Closing Ceremony. The performance should showcase unique traditions, cultures, customs or practices of the country. Examples include: performances of traditional musical instruments, traditional dances, traditional costumes, local folk songs and so on. Participants from the same country are encouraged to liaise with each other beforehand to discuss the details for their country's cultural performance.
We look forward to your enthusiastic performances!
Additional details are as follows:
- Duration of each country's item should be between 5 to 7 minutes
- The stage at Traders' Hotel is 24ft by 12 ft (Participants are advised to plan for their performance within the limitations of the stage)
- Performance music should be brought in Audio-CD format (.cda), with backup copies (Any other forms of media storage are not advisable)
- If required, videos are to be in .wmv format
- Participants should settle their own logistics, e.g. costumes, props, musical instruments
- 2 practice sessions (18 July & 23 July) and 1 full-dress rehearsal (27 July) have been scheduled. Please refer to the programme outline for more details.
- Participants will be contacted via email for more information on the item pertaining to logistics and the nature of the performance.
Should participants require any clarifications, please contact email@example.com or
firstname.lastname@example.org, or post up a query on our forum.
May 27, 2007
Some important information has come in that participants and schools might want to take note of: all delegates have to arrive in Singapore on the 17th of July by 4pm, and may depart on 28th July from 8am onwards. Please make sure that all flight arrangements fit this schedule!
May 27, 2007
A whole host of new and updated information has been uploaded onto the site - the programme overview is now up for participants' persual, accompanied by a day-to-day breakdown accessible from the calendar. Also new is a page worth of useful information for practical day-to-day living in Singapore and the boarding school.